Please be advised that the Emergency Contractor numbers should only be called in the case of a genuine emergency, and that you may be liable for any costs incurred if there is not an imminent risk to:-
• Health & safety;
• The structure of the building; or
• The security of the property.
If you are in any doubt of whether you require immediate assistance, examples of emergencies include:-
• No cold water to kitchen sink (but check with neighbours to see if it affects other homes and if so contact Scottish Water on 08000 778 778);
• Blocked toilet (but only if there is no other toilet in the property);
• Leaking soil pipe or blocked drain with sewage coming into property;
• Broken lock, door or window (but only if it makes the property insecure);
• Electrical fitting smoking or scorching;
• Complete or part power failure within the property (but first check the switches on the consumer unit. Also check with neighbours to see if it affects other homes and if so contact SP Energy Networks on 0800 092 9290);
• No heating or hot water between 1st October and 31st March only or at any time of year if there is a vulnerable person in the property (for example a young baby or someone who is elderly or disabled);
• There is a smell of gas or the carbon monoxide detector is sounding (in this case immediately call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999);
• A burst pipe or roof/ceiling leak that at least fills a household bucket overnight or that is affecting the electrics (if the leak is from another property speak to the owner/occupier of that property who must arrange the repair).
MMS (Gas & Plumbing): 07878 980984
Ian Hendry (Joiner & Locksmith): 07971 419180
Property One (General Maintenance, Electrical & Plumbing, Roofing, Drainage, Joinery, Locksmith): 0141 611 1922
Vulcan (Electrical & Gas): 07979 524502 or 07791 011885
Icon Heating (Gas and Plumbing Services): 0131 212 5296
Lockstar Lock and Key Company (Locksmith): 0131 258 0909
Morgan Thomson (Joiner & Locksmith): 07947 546602
Fax Joiners (Joiner & Locksmith): 07502388183
WH Donachie Ltd (Gas & Plumbing): 07722 018298 or 01382 818298
Dundee Gas Services (Gas): 07963 739424 (Weekdays only)
David Kidd (Electrician): 07494 554574
Pulse Electrical (Dundee) Ltd (electrician): 07920837076
MA Roofing (Roofing and Building Work): 07835 209874
No, it is requested that the rent is to be paid from one nominated bank account, with the tenant reference code as reference.
Any request for a co-tenant to vacate a property will be taken to the Landlord to obtain their agreement. To end a joint tenancy, all tenants must agree to end the tenancy and sign the notice to leave. One joint tenant cannot terminate a joint tenancy on behalf of all joint tenants. If one tenant is leaving and the remaining tenant has another tenant lined up to move in, then a new tenancy will have to be created and an official move out to take place to allow for a formal checkout and new inventory for the new tenancy agreement.
You must provide written notice to the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org. You must give your landlord at least 28 days’ notice in writing if you want to end the tenancy. The notice period will be taken from the day the written notice to leave is received.
Once the tenancy has reached the official end date, we will conduct the checkout report, the next working day. This is the stage where the initial inventory for the property will be compared to the condition of which the property has been left in. Once the Checkout report has been undertaken, this will be formally processed and if we believe we have claim to request any deductions from the deposit for damages/dilapidations, we will advise accordingly.
Your deposit is held by Mydeposits Scotland, and you should contact them after you have vacated the property to request that the deposit be refunded. In the case of a joint tenancy, the lead tenant must contact them to instigate the deposit reclaim. Their telephone number is 0333 321 9402. You can request the deposit refund online here. You will also require your Deposit Protection Certificate number (DPC) which was provided at the beginning of your tenancy. If there is a dispute over the amount to be returned, you will be required to submit evidence challenging the claims made against the deposit for Mydeposits Scotland to make an independent adjudication on any dispute. Further information regarding the deposit legislation in Scotland, can be found here.
The first Routine Inspection of the tenancy will take place approximately 6 weeks from taking occupancy of the property. We will then carry out regular inspections throughout the course of your tenancy. You will be notified in advance via email of the date an inspection will take place. The inspections will take place between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and will only proceed with a tenants prior authorisation.
If the duration of the tenancy has been less than a 6 month period, the Landlord is required to provide a minimum of 28 days’ notice to the tenant, with the additional allowance of 48 hours for delivery time. If the duration of the tenancy has been greater than 6 months, then the required notice period is a minimum of 84 days, again with the additional allowance of 48 hours for delivery time.For further details for any of the above, please contact the office on 0141 336 6232 or email us at email@example.com